Secondary Education, Mathematics A.S.
Based on the Tennessee Technological University Curriculum.
Classes offered in the Secondary Education (Mathematics) degree program are intended to prepare you for completion of a four-year degree program either through transfer or transition to a 2+2 program in partnership with TTU. In addition to core collegiate coursework, you will also be introduced to the following:
- how to successfully integrate today's instructional technology in the classroom
- a conceptual approach to the study of the properties of number sets within the real number system
- a review of measurement, congruence, similarity, and graphing and the historical development of geometry as a tool
- a study of finite mathematics and college algebra
- a study of linear algebra and beginning and advanced calculus
Certain skills and instructional concepts will be reinforced through participation in the following activities:
- hands-on lab experiences
- introduction to tools for problem solving, sets, functions, logic, numeration systems and properties of operation
- participation in the study and application of all levels of mathematics